Moving WordPress Site form Godaddy Shared Hosting to VPS w/ cPanel

is that a godaddy vps?

Jeffrey Marcic

February 22, 2014 at 9:37 pm

awesome video

hd forg

September 1, 2014 at 6:06 pm

my godaddy vps plan dont have a softaculous

Betsy Tainer

November 7, 2014 at 12:50 am

Ouch! You made it look so easy… 15 minutes… that’s why you’re making a video tutorial and I’m not. I’m using godaddy… no softaculous, they have their own version… installatron (like some cartoon convention). The file import/export didn’t go too well… once I got things in the right place that seemed to correct itself. The biggest problem I’m having seems to be the database. My old file layout/structure was (site)/wordpress and in my wisdom I decided that was dumb and used (site)/ instead… oh goodie. The WordPress installation doesn’t allow me to set the database prefix so it named the table wtf-(tablename) instead of wp-(tablename)… (it’s not really wtf… that’s just an example) so when I did my table import to the database I got a whole new set of tables with wp-(tablename) as the structure and wordpress didn’t see any of it… bummer. And I can’t seem to find where to change it in the wordpress files… now that I deleted the wrf-(tablenames) wordpress doesn’t recognize the installation at all. I know I’m just looking in the wrong place for what to correct OR I’m being impatient with the cpanel updating stuff. I’m not sure which. Once I get it figured out I’m sure it will be slick as snot. Wish I knew which cpanel/hosting service you’re using.

A Singh

August 8, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Thx bud very helpful

Tom Sazz

April 12, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Excellent video! Good job Robert.

Tom

Jeff Spicer

May 9, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Nice video. I am building a new website on a Godaddy VPS. Have you been happy with the performance of the Godaddy VPS?

Tipsistanbul

November 5, 2016 at 8:08 am

Excellent video! Please keep up the good job Robert

Daus Zipar

December 27, 2016 at 9:05 am

this web hosting is free or need to pay also??

Hullio GQ

May 15, 2017 at 8:01 am

Maybe this was necessary 3 yrs ago but why not just backup/archive the entire WordPress folder for each client and then go PHPMyAdmin and export the database to your PC as an SQL file? This would have been super quick and more straight forward than backing up all the tiny sub-folders independently… Then when uploading to the new location just go into wp-config folder & update database location and user..